What are Magnesium flakes?
Our pure Magnesium flakes are rich in concentrated magnesium, they are a compound of naturally occurring Magnesium and Chloride and they are used to bathe in to increase Magnesium levels, and for total mind and body relaxation.
What’s the difference between Magnesium flakes and Epsom salts
Epsom salts are a Magnesium Sulphate compound, made up of magnesium and sulfate, whilst Magnesium flakes are Magnesium Chloride (made up of Magnesium and Chloride). Magnesium Chloride or pure Magnesium flakes quite simply have a higher concentration of pure Magnesium. The flakes also then dissolve into your body more easily than Epsom salts.
The benefits of a Magnesium bath soak
Magnesium flakes are known to have several benefits to your body and your mind. They promote optimum skin health and total relaxation. Your body's Magnesium reserves are easily depleted under stress, and most people are deficient in Magnesium due to this.
Magnesium is difficult to absorb orally but boosting magnesium levels through the skin can help to conserve stocks within the body, for overall wellbeing and balance. Transdermal absorption (also called topical absorption) has been proven to be the most successful way to replenish the body's magnesium levels.
The time-old tradition of salt bathing is the simplest and most relaxing way to top up your magnesium levels, run a warm bath along with 2-4 handfuls of Magnesium flakes, soak and relax! Dissolving them in a warm bath and then bathing in them encourages absorption into your skin, boosting your body's Magnesium levels.
More benefits of Magnesium:
- Relaxation and sleep quality
- Reduction in tiredness, fatigue, and anxiety
- Relief from muscle tension and muscle spasms
- General wellness
Benefits of Magnesium flake baths:
- Improving circulation
- Absorbing Magnesium
- Relief from headaches
- Amazing for children for sleep and minerals
- Helping soothe dry skin and conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne
- For joint pain relief
- Improving skin hydration
How do you use Magnesium flakes
The most popular use for Magnesium flakes is in the bath for a long relaxing soak. Just a couple of handfuls of our Magnesium flakes in your bath will help with relaxation and skin hydration. You can use up to 4 handfuls and we do also have Magnesium flakes available in a 5kg, which is ideal for family use or regular users.
How long should you soak in a Magnesium bath
We recommend adding up to 4 handfuls into warm water, allowing them to dissolve and soaking for at least 20 minutes, to really maximise your mineral absorption.
How to use Magnesium flakes to create DIY treatments at home
Sophie, our Spa expert and therapist has some great ideas/hacks for how you can use Magnesium flakes at home, during lockdown and beyond. See our IGTV on Instagram for full videos of these in action.
- A calming sleep spray – mix 50% warm water with 50% magnesium flakes and pour into an empty spray bottle, spritz over the decollete and arms as and when needed.
- A soothing compress for tired muscles – mix a solution of 20% hot water and 80% magnesium flakes pour over a flannel or small towel, squeeze out excess and apply the compress to tired muscles.
- A salt inhalation experience – mix half a bag of magnesium flakes with 300ml of boiling water, allow to cool for 1-2 minutes then take a towel over your head above the bowl and inhale. You can also add 2-3 drops six oil super serum to aid relaxation.
- A soothing footbath – just add a small handful to a bowl with some warm water and let your feet, (and your mind) be pampered.
Sea Magik products packed with Magnesium
With a host of Sea Magik products containing Magnesium, there is a myriad of ways to get your magnesium fix. If you are looking for the best possible Magnesium absorption then our Magnesium flakes are the best option.
If you are looking for skincare packed with Magnesium then every product on our Sea Magik PRO range is has a high concentration of Magnesium as well as other skin healing minerals.