As we approach the holiday season, it's time to start planning how to capitalise on the festive wave. Christmas events are a great way to attract new clients, create awareness about your offers and Christmas gift sets, and boost your revenue.
In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of Christmas events and list some creative ideas for in-person and virtual events.
We'll also discuss the importance of details, setting goals, and following up after the events.
Why host a Christmas event?
Christmas events are a fantastic way to showcase your Christmas gift sets and offers to your clients and potential customers.
Whether you have a salon or product line, people love to get into the festive spirit and shop for Christmas presents.
A creative display of your products, discounts, and Christmas gift sets can entice customers to make purchases.
Events help to bring new clients to your business
Christmas events also attract new clients who may not have heard about your business before. A shopping event or mini-treatment session is a perfect way to introduce new people to your services and products.
By offering a discount on products or a free taster treatment, you can persuade them to book a future appointment. With new clients come new opportunities to grow and expand your business.
Helps change a client's perspective
Your clients and potential customers may not see you as a go-to place to purchase Christmas gifts from. But hosting an event can change their entire perspective.
It builds trust and credibility that you are a one-stop destination for quality products. This can lead to repeat business and referrals.
Different types of Christmas events
You can host an event in your salon or treatment room or even hire a village hall. You can offer a custom gift wrapping service that makes it easier to purchase Christmas gifts or even sell pre-packaged gift baskets.
Mini treatments with half-price Christmas sets
Many customers may not have the time for a full treatment but are interested in learning more about your services. Offering mini-treatments paired with a discounts on Christmas sets is an excellent way to promote your services and products. This event is especially popular for busy parents or people who work long hours.
Hosting a Christmas workshop is a great way to showcase your skin and product knowledge expertise. Think about offering a DIY facial tutorial, skincare class, or product demonstration. It's a fantastic opportunity to educate your clients on the best way to achieve glowing Christmas skin while promoting your products.
Christmas party for VIP clients
Hosting a Christmas party specifically for your VIP customers is a chance to connect with your clients outside of your usual appointments and reward them for their loyalty. Make sure to offer your Christmas sets at a discount during this event.
Virtual events are an excellent way to connect with customers from the comfort of their own homes, opening up a world of possibilities to increase your customer base beyond physical location.
You can create a Facebook group or Instagram Live and showcase your products, offer promotions, and provide tutorials, and even host Q&A sessions to address any customer concerns.
Think about the details
When hosting a Christmas event, it's crucial to consider the following details:
- Food, decorations and drinks: Creating a warm and festive atmosphere is essential. Add Christmas decorations, provide drinks and food, and create a welcoming environment.
- Gift With Purchase (GWP): Many customers are interested in receiving GWP with their purchases. Consider offering a free gift bag or an additional sample product with their purchase.
- Invites: Don't forget about sending invites to your existing clients and potential clients. Make it festive and eye-catching. They will be more likely to attend if the invite looks enticing.
- Marketing and Advertising: Promote your event through your website, social media platforms, flyers or posters. Collaborating with other businesses such as a caterer or makeup artist to support the event is also a great idea.
- Collaborate with other businesses: Collaboration with other businesses will support you and help them too. You could collaborate with a catering company for your food or drink-related arrangements or even for the goodie bags for your customers.
How to monitor and set goals
Give yourself a goal for the event: How many customers show up, who brought friends along, how many bookings or how many sales.
Track and measure against next year: Keep track and measure the event's success against the next year. This will help you make informed decisions and improve your event planning process.
Give yourself a prize: Celebrate your success! Reward yourself for your achievements. If you achieve a particular sales target, treat yourself to something you've always wanted.