Are they massage stones? Are they for the bath? Are they for skin healing?
The answer is, our Salt Rocks are all 3, plus much more!
Our Pink Himalayan Salt Rocks are made from 100% pure natural Himalayan Salts, available in the shape of an oval or heart. They have a high mineral content and provide many skin and body benefits. The salt rocks can be used at home to massage over stiff and painful muscles, as an alternative to bath salts and to heal congestion and blemishes.
1. Benefits of Himalayan Salt
• Himalayan salt is the purest of any salt because it’s been encased under the Himalayan mountains for millions of years and therefore is free from pollution.
• The salt naturally contains 84 minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron plus many more. These are all the minerals that our body needs.
• Himalayan Salt is renowned for it’s detoxification properties and helps with any swelling and fluid retention.
• The salt has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and will naturally cleanse the skin and heal any congestion, blemishes, minor cuts and grazes.
• The minerals help to relieve muscular aches and pains and joint pain, hydrate and soften the skin and induce sleep and relaxation.
2. How to use the Salt Rocks at home
Place one salt rock into a warm bath and bathe in the salt water for a minimum of 20 minutes. It takes this amount of time for your body to absorb the minerals so you must bathe for at least 20 minutes to gain the full benefits. The minerals will help induce sleep and relaxation, gently cleanse and soften the skin and relieve any muscular aches and pains. Skin will be left feeling silky smooth and remineralised. If you bathe for 20 minutes, one rock will last 3 – 4 baths.
Add one salt rock to a foot spa or bowl of warm water to help relieve tired, swollen and achy feet. This is a great way to get minerals into the body, especially if you’re unable to take a bath. Massage over the feet and lower leg with the salt rock to help reduce swelling. For maximum benefits and total relaxation, soak your feet for 20 minutes.
Heat a salt rock and massage over any stiff, aching muscles or joints. Heat one salt rock in a microwave for 30 seconds. We recommend placing a paper towel under the rocks when warming them, to collect any salt residue. Once heated seal with an oil and massage over any areas of tension. It’s important to seal the salt rocks as they are a natural product and can sometimes feel a little rough on the skin. The oil will help to smooth the rock and leave your skin feeling silky soft.
The combination of heat and minerals will help get deep into the muscles and relieve any aches and pains. To truly benefit from the massage, ask a partner/family member to massage over your aching muscles using light massage movements. Take care when working around any bony areas.
Take a look at the video, showing how our Salt Rocks are used in Spa Treatments
The salt has natural antibacterial properties and can be used as a natural deodorant. Dampen the salt rock before applying to the under-arm area.